There’s something about the words “living healthy” that sounds rigid to me. I’ve spent my life trying to live my Champagne Living style, which in my mind doesn’t translate well to healthy lifestyle. BUT, the truth of the matter is that in order to enjoy life and live it to the fullest, health HAS to be at the core.
So, how does someone like me, who loves to travel, dine out, and live an exciting life combine the two?
- Stop overthinking the whole “health” thing! I found that when I thought that something was “healthy” vs. “fun” that I went directly to “FUN.” There’s no reason why you can’t have both.
- Spa time. The perfect example of living well and being healthy at the same time. That massage will reduce tension and the facial that makes you look and feel younger is cleaning all of the dirt and toxins from your pores.
- Go out. Wait, go OUT? That’s right a night out with hubby, honey, or the girlfriends is a great way to reduce stress and have a good time. Laughter is truly the best medicine.
- DRINK UP. You have no idea how HAPPY I was when I learned that red wine was good for you. Just don’t overdo it.
- Go dancing. I hate formal exercise, but a night on the dance floor shaking it up, is great cardio and loads of fun.
- Dine out. The newest trend in farm to table restaurants means healthier foods grown locally, and chefs who really care about flavor… and I’m ALL about flavor.
- Take a vacation. You don’t have to ask me twice, my bags are already packed. No matter how crazy life at home and work get, a vacation seems to make you forget and relax.
- Eat chocolate. The darker the better. I love the European way of dipping a little mignonette of dark chocolate with my espresso.
- Which brings me to coffee. That cup of Joe is chock full of goodness, with trace amounts of Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5), Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Niacin (B3) and Thiamine (B1), and Potassium and Manganese. I can justify a second cup
- Treating yourself well can help your overall well-being. So go ahead, splurge and enjoy life. You deserve it.