One of our favorite things about fall is cozying up with a bowl of warm comfort food on a chilly evening, and this No-Stress Kale and Andouille Stew fits the bill nicely. Because there is minimal preparation time involved, and the dish simmers in your slow cooker, you can’t beat this recipe for an easy, stress-free supper.
No-Stress Kale and Andouille Stew Recipe
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 15-oz cans white beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 gloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp hot pepper flakes
- 12oz precooked Andouille sausage
- 5oz stemmed and chopped kale leaves
Combine everything except kale into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 – 5 hours. Stir in kale, cover and cook until softened (about 15 minutes).
Optional: If you have a little leftover brown rice or quinoa, add this to your stew when you add the kale – yum!