Every weeknight at 5:00, my husband and I have the dreaded discussion – WHAT TO MAKE FOR DINNER.
Why is it the dreaded discussion?
Well, both of us are tired from a long day of work and neither one of us want to think about preparing and cooking dinner. Some nights this result takes us to our favorite Japanese hibachi, but we obviously cannot do that every night (much to the chagrin of my 5 year-old).
No, instead, we come up with a plan and jump into the kitchen together to work as a team. Having my partner beside me in the kitchen sure does make cooking less daunting.
We have a few “go-to” meals that are easy to prepare and cook, here’s one of our favorites. It’s an easy, and healthy, chicken and vegetable dinner for a family of four that you can whip together in under an hour.
Chicken and Vegetables in Foil
yield: 4 SERVINGS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 30 MINUTES
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- any desired vegetables, sliced (ideas include carrots, onions, celery, radishes, kale and spinach)
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt, to taste (Pink Himalayan, Red Hawaiian or plain old kosher salt)
- pepper, to taste
1. Create 4 “bowls” from the aluminum foil, large enough to hold one chicken breast and sliced vegetables. Place each uncooked chicken breast inside of foil, making sure the sides of the foil stay up to keep chicken encased.
2. Add desired vegetables on top of the uncooked chicken in foil.
3. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to chicken and vegetables.
4. Seal aluminum foil and bake on a baking sheet until chicken is cooked thoroughly, around 30 minutes.
5. Enjoy over brown rice or on its own.